BSNL Recharge from a Socially Responsible Organization
BSNL is a leading cellular operator that enables its prepaid users to carry out BSNL recharge online.
The telecom sector is one of the most progressively developing industries in India. As per the international telecom trade body GSMA, in 2015, this sector contributed 6.5% to India Gross Domestic Product (GDP) about 9 lakh crore rupees. The industry provided direct employment to about 2.2 million people in 2015. With the rate is growing, the GSMA estimated that by 2020 the Indian telecom sector will grow to contribute about 14.5 lakh crore rupees and provide direct employment to about 3 million people.
At this rate, all cellular operators need to get more competitive in their pricing, customer friendly online strategies that involve BSNL recharge and payment of bills, marketing and quality of service and surely focus on their Corporate Social Responsibilities to achieve socio-economic growth. CSR is a corporates’ efforts to perform tasks that affect environmental and social well-being.
BSNL being a public sector undertaking has played a prominent role in performing their social responsibility as a corporate well. Some of the CSR initiatives that the organization focuses on as per the BSNL CSR Policy following the Government of India guidelines are:-
- Provision of ambulance at the time of an emergency
- Provide relief work during natural disasters and calamities
- Provision of broadband connections
- Provision of GSM mobile Public Call Office (PCO)
- Provision of WLL data connections that connects customers to the BSNL landline network using radio frequency
- The organization also focuses on providing welfare programs and activities for its employees.
A snapshot of CSR activities that BSNL has undertaken till date:-
- In June 2010, coinciding with BSNL providing 3G branded Rajdhani Trains in association with Indian Railways; it decided to take up upgradation, cleaning and maintenance of Rajdhani trains. It undertook a massive campaign of vinyl wrapping of full train for the first time in India.
- In July 2010, the company setup mobile service at the Holy Amarnath caves through the complete Yatra route, something which no other cellular operator in the country had done so far. BSNL’s endeavor has always been to provide telephone services to rural and remote areas of the country. As a very important CSR feature BSNL intends to cover areas that are geographically not easily accessible with its high quality service. One just need to get BSNL Recharge It also intends to develop telecommunication facilities in remote, hilly and tribal area s of the country. The telecom service has proved to be very useful for the pilgrims who visit the shrine every year.
- In January 2017, the Nagercoil Telecom district of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited started a program offering a free skill development training program for the unemployed youths of the area in association with Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation. The move was aimed at providing job oriented training on the latest technologies related to the telecom industry to all the candidates. The training course was designed in a way to include practical and theory along with on-the-field training too.
With BSNL Recharge services readily available, a large number of subscribers are enjoying endless services.